Instant Pot Peanut Noodles–sweet and spicy peanut noodles ready in only a few minutes with your Instant Pot! An easy dump and go recipe.
Instant Pot Peanut Noodles
This is a fast, dump and go dinner that is meatless and uses fairly common ingredients. Peanut noodles are so satisfying with their creamy peanut butter/soy sauce/sriracha sauce. My version has just a little kick but if you are a fan of spice you can always add more sriracha sauce into the peanut sauce.
Can I add chicken to this recipe? Yes you can! Cut up a pound of boneless, skinless thighs or breasts into bite size pieces. Add the chicken into the pot with the broth. You can also add in cooked rotisserie chicken after the noodles have been pressure cooked.
What kind of noodles can I use? I used thin whole wheat spaghetti and used a 4 minute pressure cook time with a 5 minute natural pressure release. You can use other types of pasta, if you’d like. The cooking time will depend on the type of pasta. I generally take the number on the back of the package, divide by 2 and subtract 1 minute. So if it says to boil for 10 minutes it would be 4 minutes pressure cook time (10/2 = 5 – 1 = 4 minutes). I haven’t tried this recipe with rice noodles since I find that they get ultra mushy in the Instant Pot. If you’d like rice noodles I would suggest just making this recipe on the stove. Boil the noodles, drain with a colander, stir in the peanut sauce and serve.
Why criss-cross the noodles? I find that noodles like spaghetti, fettucine and linguine pasta get clumped up in the Instant Pot. By placing them in a criss-cross pattern this seems to help that issue.
What should I serve with Instant Pot peanut noodles? Roasted broccoli or stir fried veggies taste great with this recipe.
What Instant Pot size can I use? I used a 3 quart pot but a 6 or 8 quart pot can also be used with no changes to the recipe.
Can I double this recipe? Yes, double all ingredients and keep the same cooking time.
Can I halve this recipe? Yes you can. If you’re making in a 3 quart pot halve all ingredients and keep same cooking time.
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
Sweet and spicy peanut noodles ready in only a few minutes with your Instant Pot!
- 2 cups water or broth
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles (or other type of noodles)
- 1/2 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced gingerroot
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp honey (or brown sugar)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Garnishes: sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, green onions
- Add water or broth into Instant Pot. Break spaghetti noodles in half and lay them in a criss cross pattern in the Instant Pot.
- In a bowl whisk together the peanut butter, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sriracha, lemon juice, honey and sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the top of the spaghetti.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. If the sauce needs to be loosened up add a bit of water into the pot and stir well (I ended up adding in about ½ cup water).
- Garnish with sesame seeds, green onions and chopped peanuts. Eat and enjoy!
If you’d like to add chicken to this dish you can! Just cup up chicken breasts or thighs into bite size pieces and place into the pot with the water/broth. Use the same cooking time (4 minutes) as listed in recipe. The bite size pieces cook very quickly.
I used my 3 quart Instant Pot but you can also use a 6 or 8 quart pot.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
Add water into Instant Pot
Break noodles in half and place in a crisscross pattern in the Instant Pot
In a bowl combine all the peanut sauce ingredients and whisk well
Pour the mixture over the pasta
Pressure cook for four minutes with a 5 to 10 minute natural pressure release
Garnish with chopped peanuts, sesame seeds and green onions
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.